View Single Post
      02-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #111
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

AJ/Roman Can you comment on this please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
I have been through a similar thing with my car and I can tell you the 08 M3s and earlier are not advisable to be supercharged. At least for me, the main bearings pre 10/2008 were quite notorious. BMW changed the bearings after 10/2008 as a result. Hell could be a change of supplier like what some people mentioned but I think not. Even 1-2 guys with 2009 cars had some bearing issues. I don't know if it is the cause for this particular case but I believe that the M3 has a problem with insufficient lubrication. Couple this with bad bearings with an FI KIT, you have a ticking time bomb.
The bearing issue concerns me a little bit; but I am not sure if it is just hearsay, or a legitimate issue regarding the car. I believe this owner had his motor rebuilt so I assume he has some background knowledge regarding the issue. 08 cars also had the idle control valve problem! Care to comment, ESS?

Elmariachi, excuse my use of quoting you from another thread. If you have any issue with it please notify me and I will be sure to have this post edited .
Appreciate 0