07-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #32
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
OP: Didn't you know all those facts about the M3 and WA hwy speed limits BEFORE you got your M? I mean the MPG, the redline speeds on 2nd and 3rd gear!! Just wondering!
I knew at the back of my head. I didn't think it would be a problem. Also, the other half of the story is that as fast as M3 is in the track, I don't find it rewarding to drive. Again, it doesn't mean it is a bad car, it is just not the car for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
mini is a great car, i had an '03 MCS before I got the M. I still miss it, kinda wish i still kept it. you guys might find this weird, but before the mini i had a 996. and the mini was actually more fun to drive than the porsche. every now and then i think about trading the M for a mini again also.
I think if you have a car with too much power, it becomes less ans less exciting to drive on the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
But it had the worst seats in history...my back would start hurting after 30 minutes...hope they designed new seats as I had to sell that MCS due to the seats.

MCS as DD and Porsche for weekend/track car would be perfect imho if you could have 2 cars...M3 if almost perfect if you can only have one car...if I had a pure track car for weekends, I would have no need for the M3 as a DD.
We drove it about 2 hours non-stop, and toward the end, we were getting uncomfortable. It is not a road trip car anyways, I bought it for DD (I've a short commute) and autox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Whatever works for you. But saying you can't really enjoy the S65 engine in daily driving is just weird; I red-line that f@cker pretty much every day, and love it.

Having said that, I absolutely love the Mini Cooper S!

EDIT: In terms of softness... you could've gotten a new suspension for that.
I know it is weird, but I'm serious, we have insane amount of cops willing to write you a ticket for doing 10over... In terms of suspension, yes it would help, but still it is a big and heavy car. Yesterday, I parallel parked the mini, and I was 2 feet away from the curb because I was still thinking the M3