View Single Post
      01-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #32
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

The two biggest things i see are the lack of mention of the boost run and the MPG numbers.

The BMW I4 runs 19 or 18 PSI, the Audi runs 12, plus the Audis are running lower compression. Both of those add up to a less stressed motor.

Add a chip to the Audi to get it up to 18 PSI and it DESTROYS the BMW in HP and TQ. My 08 GTI running an APR Stage 1 chip made 252HP/303TQ and that was the old FSI version. The newer TSI and the Audi versions make even better numbers in HP and TQ. http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...fsi_trans.html

As for the mileage, I have yet to own, or even drive, ANY BMW that evem meets it's EPA ratings, let alone best them. EVERY VW/Audi I've owned has exceeded EPA ratings by 3MPG at a minimum. After chipping they got even better. I can make mid-30s in an A4 Avant automatic at 80MPH without even trying hard and that weights almost 4000 pounds.

The new I4 will be a good motor, no doubt, but considering the stress they had to put it under to make the numbers it's making, there is little to no room for improvement.

Good motor? Yes. Comparable to the VWAG 2.0T? I wouldn't put it up there with it. Maybe a notch below.
Appreciate 0