02-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Not a relevant point. The car comes with dash trim. I have to chose one or the other, and they pretty much all look fine. There is no lightweight CF dash option. If there was one, I would go/pay for it. In this case, one is going out of his way to add weight (and probably cost) to the wheel by sticking these things on there. And then there is the Vorsteiner edition Brembo calipers (or whatever they are called) with the CF strip attached. Now, that really did crack me up. I showed it to a buddy who is really into his tuned twin-turbo S4. These guys are a pretty tight community around here and talk about tuning all day. He laughed even harder than I did and said "that is exactly what's wrong with BMW folks; they don't know how to tune". (Not that I agree with his sentiment there or anything as these wheels are probably sold/bought for all sorts of cars.)

I get your point on CF gaining weight when a layer is added to the rim. But Not everyone is trying to save weight. Im getting 20" rims with cf from 360 forged and they are lighter than stock 19s so im happy with the outcome. Yes I could have saved a little weight without the CF but I dont care. If I wanted to track my car I would get 18s or something like that. I also wouldnt have bought a convertible. Also, the little amount of CF on the brembo caliper is pointless but I think it looks good. Its cosmetic. trim is cosmetic.
Appreciate 0