View Single Post
      05-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #605
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Lessons Learned on Supercharging

For all those who are contemplating supercharging their cars (at least doing an ESS supercharge), I learned a few important lessons in the process that I think might be useful to some members of this forum.

Anyone who has upgraded their air intake or underdrive pulleys, these items have to come off when you're supercharging (at leas as to ESS superchargers). Your underdrive pulley has to go back to stock, and your air filter gets replaced by a K&N filter that hangs down in the front fascia by the brake ducts. That means, that if you're contemplating supercharging, you might want to save yourself the expense of buying underdrive pulleys or an expensive air intake kit, since at the end of the day, those will become totally useless after supercharging.

I'm sure that for some of the veterans on here this might be well-known info, but there are probably plenty out there who would otherwise have no clue. Hope this information helps them Wish i had known earlier. Haha.

- esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0