View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #78
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
hahaha bullshit wtf about all the meth fires Andrew? There were half a dozen in 2011/2012 just from what I remember and stopped keeping track when I ditched my meth system and then my 335 altogether. Most occurred at the track which is what finally got me to change platforms altogether.

Hey I loved meth on my 335 when it was working properly...which was maybe 75% of the time for me. Many people spent a long time trying to get it work properly and some just gave up completely on it.

Meth is a pain in the ass and not worth the hassle for a measly 10-15 HP on the S/C M3 platform. On the 335 where it's worth 60-100 HP...maybe it's worth the hassle.
Mixed and used PROPERLY is the key word from Andrew. Sounds like the problems on the e9x M3s with meth are with the kits not coming from the supercharger manufacturer.

I drive my car 3000 miles a month and its really not a hassle at all to keep the meth tank full. I've probably had to fill the tank no more than 4 times in my 15000 miles of driving. One of those small easy to carry/store 3 gallon containers will last an average driver a year and they are very cheap. It takes a maximum of 5 minutes to pour a gallon of water into a 2 gallon gas can, top off the remaining gallon with meth and the pour it in the trunk. The tank location is fine and is always easy to pour. Never any spill, tricks, etc. Hardly have to ever do it. It's as easy as topping off oil lol. I'm sure everyone opens their trunk every now and then do just check the level. Too easy. You can't honestly say a properly functioning meth system is a pain in the ass and a hassle. Just doesn't make sense.

Have has 0 problems with my meth system so I can't relate to the issues mentioned.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0