08-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #37
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg330i View Post
I think the new A4/A5 wins in the looks department both inside and out. But for everything underneath the skin: engine, handling, steering, ride, and feel, I'm sure BMW still dominates.

Also, one other factor no one has mentioned much is that Audis are priced above BMWs for similarly equipped cars. A 328xi with Premium and Sport will probably be a couple thousand dollars cheaper than an A4 3.2 with similar equipment.

Most Audi fans want to compare the 2.0t to the 328 and the 3.2 to the 335. But, I think that's stretching it too far.

To me, that makes BMW the winner!
Thats why I chose my 335i coupe over a A5/S5. My 335i was about the same price as a well loaded A5 S-Line, but the A5 has like half the performance of the 335i (with almost the same mpg!), and the S5 is only on par with the 335i. (So Audi's S series is only on the level of BMW's bigger engine... ha)

Audi has a terrible ED program compared to BMW, 7% BMW vs 5% Audi which isn't bad, but nobody does it, and it takes FOREVER).

And in the end, M > S
*(But if I were looking for luxury and didn't give a shit about performance, I'd be in a loaded A5 right now.)