View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #44
apexkingjusto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Nasa ST2 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-lo View Post
My E92 is a DCT. A couple of reasons really and most of them because of life events (two kids since the S2K, also growing old). As a suitable replacement the M3 platform allows me to have the same amount of fun (just not the amount of thrust of an S/C on a lighter chassis delivers) with more room, comfort and honestly more manageable handling (i simply don't have the talent to go balls out in a corner in that S2000). At stock or bolt on + tune levels the S2K was a fun car in the twisties. At 420whp the S2000 for me simply became a straight line rocket which quickly became tiring. There were also some compromises in my S2000, all the cooling mods worked great in the summer but constantly triggered CEL's in winter, boost would always pop my oil dipstick out resulting in a mess, it consumed oil etc you know how it is (I know, my S2k wasn't the cleanest builds but it is what it is). But yes, I do miss the part where the vtec xover and boost meet up.
This is great feedback. I'm looking for th m3 also to drive my son around so I can relate! I also totaly understand not having the balls to go all out in a high hp s2k, although with a turbo i have a little lag so i do have to worry about it as much, plus i tuned my suspension to be a little more under steer biased. The little things like dip stick pop and cooling or heating no doubt are a pain and due to those it could never be a dd. love the idea of being able to drive the m3 at 100% though as its very rare that my s2k is driven at that level .
Appreciate 0