08-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben14142001 View Post
WJ4 summed up my exact thoughts. Interval sprinting gets you in ridiculous shape.
The hard part about interval sprinting is to find a decent place you can run without interruption. I usually go to the local park and use their baseball field or the local high school and use their track.

The stuff I posted was based on my own research within the last 3 years or so. My house is on a hill. It's about a 1.5 mile drive uphill...I would say the incline ranges 20-40 degrees. I used to just walk all the way down and then walk my way up. Even though I sweated a good amount, I did not see a change in myself.

I really want to do H.I.I.T. around my house, but with all of the driveways and cars coming in and out, and people walking...it will be impossible to go balls out.

I should also add that if you do H.I.I.T., you should do it once every other day at MAX because your body will need time to rest.

And if you're looking to lose weight, you need to redo your diet. IMO it's 80% your diet and 20% exercising.

Happy training.
Appreciate 0