View Single Post
      04-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #149
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

I'm not here to dispute any of that. Believe you me, I used to work for a giant in the automotive aftermarket industry, so I know how these development cycles work. And I am now an avid consumer so I've been on BOTH sides of the fense.

All I am going to say is, while I worked at the aforementioned aftermarket giant, in my entire tenure we've NEVER released a product on the schedule Engineering gave us. Meanwhile, the sharks smell blood in the water and we had to feed them something. It is a delicate balancing act, and believe you me, the 'Merkin Muscle crowd is 1,000x more crazy than you bunch and 10x more entitled. At the end of the day, either Engineering is pissed off at me for promising something they can't deliver, or the customer is pissed at me for being, I quote, a f**king c*ck tease. And with a straight face.

Did they handle your case with the best result? I can't say. I don't work with them, and if I do, I may or may not do things differently. But that's me. All I can say is, they've treated me pretty damn good and with utmost respect, and not because of my prior working relation with the industry giant...but mostly because I understood their business practices within the industry and was more than willing to work with them to work out the little details.

At the end of the day, no one is out to screw anyone on purpose, IMO.
Appreciate 0