footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
LSD in a RWD high powered sports car is a big deal. The MkI 997 does not have it, there is a reason Porsche included it with the MKII. Probably because the Cayman was right on its heals without an LSD... it is not as big of a deal with AWD.
No, not having a LSD in a RWD sport isn't that big of a deal unless your intention is to track the car regularly. And considering how quick both the Carrera and Cayman have been without it shows that up till now it's been a luxury and not a necessity. BTW there are bigger reasons to why the Cayman has been right on it's heals but let's save that for another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Didn't you have a 997S? Or you were getting one? Something along those lines, and with you currently owning a 997, I think that may be your bias showing through. I can't think of a reason to get a wet sump 997 over a 996 turbo other than if someone puts looks over performance.
Wet sump vs dry sump is again more of an issue if you are constantly tracking the car but again I don't believe too many owners will be achieving the lateral Gs enough of the time to full warrant it's inclusion.

P.S.
I think the main difference between you and I on this and many other threads is that you are constantly looking at things from a purely maximizing the performance potential where I am looking at it from simply a daily driving point of view. It's not that you are wrong on many things only that I feel they are a bit extreme in most cases.
Appreciate 0