United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 JP View Post
It would be prudent of us to educate the private sellers and businesses that aren't aware of shipping to an APO/FPO/DPO, and how easy it is. I for one shop around quite a bit, will even "buy" something and place it in my "cart" just to see if, during the checkout sequence, the company will offer an APO option. Some do, most don't. That's why IND, Tischer, hell...even Amazon....they all know that if they ship, we will buy. Common sense.

Here's a few things I've learned over my years in service, from Panama to Korea to 3 tours in Iraq and now here currently in Germany.

First: You CAN track a package all the way through to the APO you hold a P.O. Box in. Don't let the ass clowns at the pick up window tell you that you can't...they're being lazy and don't want to get on the computer. All you need is a tracking number originally assigned to your package. Give it to the guys at the window, they can look it up and see when it was scanned in to the APO sort facility, when it left, and when it arrives at your APO. I tracked a time sensitive package all the way through....I was even there when it arrived and actually told them that it was on the truck. They asked how I knew, I said go look...sure enough!

Second: DO NOT EVER PUT A COUNTRY ON THE PACKAGE!! If you put Germany, Afghan, Iraq, England, etc etc...you will have to pay customs fee's...simply because it will get pulled and placed in to the local system.

Third: Yes, there are dimension restrictions per USPS....but an easy way (if the company is willing) is to simply take one box and make it in to 2....problem solved.

** Bottom line is, we as consumer need to educate the companies we deal with. And if they still won't budge, take your business elsewhere.
+11111
Appreciate 0