09-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #35
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
The data from the maps went from google provided to apple provided. Google released a stand alone navigation app a few months later, and the Apple one is much improved. They both blow the old one out of the water. Turn by turn nav just by asking Siri for it is really nice (much better voice in the Google map app though- sounds a lot more real)

So...what can you do with a jailbroken phone now days?
If you are reading between the lines, jailbreaking pretty much allows you to make it look different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
dang, so the maps are actually better than the ones that were available immediately after the latest release ??

if so, i might have to look into updating.....

i love Siri, but sometimes i have to speak into her slowly and like a robot for her to type my text correctly.
Maps seem to be very good now and voice recognition is MUCH better. I had a 14 text conversation today. i didn't have to make one correction. And i've been accused of talking with marbles in my mouth on more than one occasion.