05-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERinEC View Post
I actually asked why the engine itself didn't have its own warranty but was told it's covered for the balance of the factory one which is until 9/2015. Should I insist on a warranty for the engine that extends beyond this?
Aside from the motor issue, the car is perfect. SGM and Fox Red is a hot combination.

The problem is, they won't do any warranty deal for the motor, unless they offer you their dealer warranty... but that'll still cost you money. They'll build that into the price of the car. That could probably be an extra $2,500.

I'd walk away from this one, unless they're willing to give you the car at low at, say, 56K, and then you add a warranty in, and you're out the door for less than 60K. I wouldn't but it for any more than 60 grand with an extra warranty and paper proof of the engine swap that was a defect.

Remember, most states don't have a lemon law for used cars... so if you buy it, you're stuck with it. Unless you live in NY, NJ, or CA. I think they all have some sort of used lemon law.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0