07-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #830
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
I wish you lived closer so I could let you drive mine, I'm sure that would immidiatly put a end to that "getting rid of E92" nonsense! lol

But seriously, I really liked my car before the blower but felt it was a bit dull in the way it delivered the power, eventhough it was faster then my stg2 STI, it did'nt felt like it! That's why I decided to go with a supercharger, to go get that extra humff(for the lack of better word) that this car needed. Honestly, it really gave a second life to this car for me, that's what it needed for me to really fell in love with it! Now, everytime I go WOT pass 5000rpm it's just much more exiting, a good adrenaline rush I would say! And when I just cruise around town, just listening to that V8 and knowing that the power is there if I need it is more then enough to keep me happy! I would even go to say that my car is just as fun in it's power delivery as my friend's Gallardo, and my friend would confirm that to you!

Also if you're afraid that an entry level kit at ~$6-7k might not be enough, know that I trapped 119mph with just a VT1-535 and no other mods, so now with the VT1-550 pulley and test pipes, there's no doubt I have a +120mph car, and I'm manuel just like you!

I have now had my blower for 2years/25000km and I drive it hard, many days at the drag strip, many race against fast cars like Gallardo, C63 507, F10 M5, ect... and the car always been rock solid! Just to give you an idea of my driving style, I blew up 4 engines on my 09 STI with just a Cobb stg2, these cars are'nt very reliable, but still, I have'nt seen anyone who broke that much engine in only 40000km on that platform!

Overhall, I'm really impressed by the performance and reliablility of this kit, I wish you could experience one to know what you're missing, I'm sure you'de pull the trigger!
Now imagine if you were running E30 or E50 fuel on an F8x car with the BMS tune... It would be ~20less whp/165 more wtq or ~10whp/225wtq more than the VT2-625, respectively. That is insane...and amazing. VT2-625 pulls like a rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
How easy is it to upgrade a V1 ESS 550 to their V2s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Not sure, all I did was updating my VT1-535 to VT1-550 by simply swapping the pulleys, and seriously, I see a very noticable difference!
This, and for VT2 adds intercooler as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
would you recommend just going for a 620 or 650kit right off the bat if you have the money. I hate doing things twice, i feel like just getting the most powerful kit.
VT2-625 is the best value IMO. If you're FBO/catless and then add the s/c, you will more than likely see more than the 625 crank. I don't think you would be disappointed at all. You could always upgrade the pulley and tune later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
We are at the same crossroads. A blower calls for a BBK and probably some solid subframe/diff bushings and maybe bearings just to be on the safe side. Adds up to a good chunk of change. Add to trade-in value, and could get something new instead. Probably smarter financially. But would it be as special?
Valid thought process.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0