View Single Post
      08-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #78
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

UPDATE 8/01/09The beast is home!!

Well pending a few minor tweaks on the motor, we finally took her out on the street for some testing and finally drive her back home!

All I can say is that it's a totally different animal (obviously)!! It went from a spirited little sprite...to a fire breathing animal! Currently the car is geared for very low end torque. Basically we have 0-100mph monster. The car tops out in 5th gear at around 120mph but that will soon change as I will be changing the gearing ratios drastically. Naturally I will lose low end punch but will gain top end speed plus ride comfort. The car reaches illegal speeds VERY quickly as it is currently and highway cruising constantly feels like i'm stressing the engine too much.

The gear changes from the new tranny and short shifter are extremely short and precise! It is a bit notchy but this is personal preference, really. I like it this way.

Handling is amazing! The coilovers really did step things up! The M3 sway bars have yet to be installed but that should be coming this week. Also, there is an issue with the throttle response that could be caused by the injectors or the MAF. Currently the throttle response is a tad bit laggy as well as seems to be sputtering in 1st gear a bit. We'll work these gremlins out this coming week as well.

Here is the car happily sitting in my driveway!

I will update again this week with some new things. This project is FAR from over and really, only beginning!

Paint and body are next...
Appreciate 0