View Single Post
      05-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
rdwest
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 Silverstone E92 M3

Smile Michelin A/S Sport vs Conti Extreme Contact DWS on E92 M3

I am looking at replacing the OEM tires on my E92 M3 with one of the all season Ultra High Perf Tires. There are several reason for this idea which include:

1. I live in British Columbia where the weather patten and temperatures in the spring/fall can vary significantly.
2. It is known that all season tires once the outside air temperature reaches 7C (45F) or lower loose their effectiveness and it is then recommended that winter tires be used.
3. Both tires have similar treadwear rating, and performance ratings.
3. The Conti's are $370.00 less (set of 4) than the Michelin's at the tire rack.
4. Both come in the same tire sizes 245/35 ZR 19 and 275/35 ZR 19
5. Even driving in the mountains during the spring/fall can see significant temp drops (not uncommon for 2c/1000' of assent).
6. I will not drive the car in the winter.

So, with the above taken into consideration I would be very appreciative of any feedback from the forum. Also, if there is something I've overlooked I'd appreciate that insight as well.

As well, my intention is to purchase through the Tire Rack so, could someone suggest a good installer in the Bellingham to Seattle area.