Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashhell View Post
In day to day driving in the traffic, low end torque is more important as you will never get to that high of a rev until the next traffic lights.
This is where the M3 lacks. (Just look at the other thread "why did you leave M3" down below. A ton of people have this problem)
Sorry if this offend anyone, but a F10 550 with a software tune will outrun M3 in a straight. The 550 have a great engine where a simple chip will get you 500hp and 500lb torque.
What really sell me on the F10 though, is the interior luxury and comfortable which I believe cannot be match by any other cars right now. It's so quiet and smooth that I could just fall asleep behind the wheels if I am not careful.

(To your other question, I have the new F30 335i as well, it is pretty good in comfort, but in my opinion it goes like this S4<-F30<-F10)
In that range of car I'd get the S6, almost as good as an M5, with a 550i price tag!!

edit: if you have'nt seen this, it's pretty interesting, just the fact that they compare it to the M5 and E63 tells a lot!

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I wouldn't say it's as good as a M5. AWD and Launch control will only get the S6 0-60 in 4.5 sec, where as the F10 M5 does 0-60 in 3.7 sec and 1/4 mile 11.78 sec.

On a personal note, I did consider the S6 though. What drove me away from it was the styling(you can't tell the difference between A4,A6,A8) and the lack of interior space. As big as the car it is, it's pretty small on the inside. It also can't match the comfort of the F10 series.
Still it's a nice alternative never the less.