07-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #60
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBiscuit View Post
Ok let's look at it like this. Would you be mad if someone hit your son or daughter with their car while doing 5mph over the speed limit in a residential area? What if the child died then how would you feel? I know you are like 21 so just think about it. I will be the first to tell you that speed limits in the states are too slow but they are there for a reason. Put your self in police officers shoes. Nobody's perfect.
To be honest. If someone was doing 30 mph in a residential area and hit my kid, I don't think I would be any more upset than if they were doing 25mph regardless of the outcome. Both of those speeds are deadly, but in normal circumstances you have just as much control over your car at 30 mph as you do at 25 mph.

I always tell people to slow down and I am one to have a lot of regard for the law. My street is pretty close to a major street (Beverly Glen) and I see people doing 40 mph down my block all the time. Ive even seen 2 crossover SUVs racing late at night (and it's a street with one lane for each direction.... So one guy was in the lane with on coming traffic). I also live near UCLA, so I see dumbass teenage drivers all the time.

I know that nobody is perfect, but I think it would be completely ridiculous to for a police officer to give someone a ticket for going 26/27/28 mph in a 25 when they are just cruising and not really accelerating.

I'm 19 btw, haha.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0