View Single Post
      08-28-2010, 02:52 AM   #170
omegaslast
Rep
Drives: 2003 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Ok..... I thought we were debating here but obviously you are taking this to a whole new level. I post my opinions in this forum and try to add some useful posts if I can. You on the other hand have 4 posts on here and each and every one of them has been trying to discredit someone.

Try and follow me here..... you are in an M3 webforum and can't understand why almost everyone on here is an M3 fan and that they believe an M3 is superior to a Mustang..... Why is that??? That is kinda the same as if I went on a Mustang Forum and said "Mustangs suck M3's are better". What kind of reaction you think I would get??? Probably the same reaction a Mustang enthusiast would get on here, Right?

Anyway I will make my point one last time and then bow out of this thread all together. So here goes:

I respect the performance and value the new Mustang GT 5.0 delivers. I realize that it's performance numbers are so close to that of my M3 that in a race, (drag race or road course) it would be a drivers race as there is virtually no difference in the performance. With all this being said I would still prefer my M3 to the Mustang because I feel the M3 is a more complete package and a better built and engineered car. I base this opinion on the fact that I am a Mechanic and I feel I am qualified to make that observation due to my background of working on cars. Just because I feel this way I also realize everyone is not necessarily going to agree with my opinion or feel I am right. I feel this way so I bought an M3. Other people feel that the Mustang (or the Corvette, or Camaro, or RS4, etc.) is a better car or better value or whatever they feel so they buy Mustangs (or whatever else they buy). You see cars and brand loyalty are like Religion..... and there is no winning an argument when it comes to Religion.

Please respect the people of this Forum and put some time in making useful posts and comments before you try and make people look like idiots or insult their intelligence. With only 4 posts and also considering the fact that you don't even own an M3 you don't command a lot of attention or weight here. I will debate cars with you all day long as long as it stays civil but lets not start a pissing match or say who should be able to afford an M3.

Good day!
Discuss the merits of a mustang and how much you do or dont like it but dont try to discredit ford as a whole. Notice how i didnt attack anyone who said "wow thats impressive, but i would still buy the bmw, i prefer how they drive, look (etc), plus i (maybe) have had bad experience with fords" or "i like bmws for their badge and image.... so the ford is a no buy". I dont care that they dont like it, as long as they are truthful about why they dont like it and dont fabricate a bunch of lies about a company in an attempt to lessen the cars achievements.

Ford has made some nice cars for the past 10 years, most of them arent sold in america, but regardless they have some impressive feats of engineering. The Ford GT was a beast for its price, so is the focus RS in europe/australia, and the ford falcon in australia. Ford is currently dominating in WRC, and has more heritage in racing than almost any other company out there. Plus the mustang has always been the pony car to beat, and the cobra fastback is still one of the best looking cars out there.

Also what kind of religion is bmw if it means you have to trash another company to make you feel better (although i have to admit, a lot of religions love doing that, since theyre arrogant and insecure as shit). Ultimately i like a lot of BMWs stuff, the z4 m coupe is one of the best looking cars ever id say, e46 3 series is aging like a fine wine (just like the bmw 2002 has and older 5 series), the 135i amazes me because its ballsy and vulgar and seems like a "risky" car for bmw, etc (i could go on). Unfortunately their cars are just expensive as hell to maintain so bmw ownership is not as widespread as it should be. Problem is the bmw crowd is just ridiculous about this stuff. Blind devotion to bmw is stupid, appreciate what other companies bring to the table, otherwise you can just stop calling yourself a car fanatic. I keep the subjective things subjective and the objective, objective. I dont like GM much, the corvette does nothing for me, but whenever i read some stats on the z06 or zr1 it i have to go "DAMN that is ridiculous, what a fantastic car, and a fantastic feat they can bring it out for that much money". I also applaud their cheap and readily available LS crate engines that open up all sorts of engine swap projects that we otherwise would never see.

If GM brings out a camaro that whups the mustang and a bunch of mustang fanboys started shit talking GM with lies, id say the same thing.
Appreciate 0