View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Of the brands you mentioned, I have owned BBS, Rays, OZ, and HRE, of course. The other brands make both cast as well as forged wheels and are top quality. HRE has had a huge boom in the past 6-7 years. This started with their forged monoblock line. What they do not have is the motorsports heritage of some of the others, but they are the real deal in terms of current product offerings for street use. They still have their "boutique" type of wheel, which is historically what they offered, but they now also offer much much more, and have really surpassed the others.

I say they are at the top of the wheel food chain for the following reasons:

1. forged construction
2. fully customizable fitment
3. phenomenal customer support
4. good product availability

Again, this is for street wheels and not for racing products.
Add to the list repair service (refinish but not bends on one piece wheels). HRE will refinish their wheels for a very fair price. None of the "real" wheel manufacturers offer the service and customization of HRE. I am a huge fan of HRE primarily due to their service. It helps that they are 15 minutes from my house and I love their designs. Their facility is top notch.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0