09-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
I'm just gonna say it, the 1M owner is delusional on one important point. His car may actually be faster and if he likes it, fine. The 1M is a GREAT car but his advice to go UNLOAD this M3 quickly makes him sound like an idiot. Cars are not assets but I predict this current M3 will hold value better than some of its previous generations. At the very least it will be as coveted as the E46 M3. Will it be as coveted as a 1M, I dont know. All I know is you'd be a damn fool to believe the current M3 is an inferior vehicle. To that 1M owner I would say, it is better people believe you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
the thing that got me puzzled, was the following:

the guy gave me his business card and he is a professional in all the senses (think "lawyer/doctor/CTO" type), and had the following statement regarding the whole "unloading" of the car:

"...my car is already appreciating! you can't buy one for 60K.... once the new body is announced, yours will be worth 40 or less.... Mine will continue going up... You should unload it, get a temporary car until the new M3 comes out, or just get the M5 and call it a day.."

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0