Thread: UTI?
View Single Post
      03-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

My experience with UTI is limited. I went to Wyotech. Did the basic automotive tech courses and also chassis fab/ high performance engine course (before they separated into 2 courses). The basic automotive class isn't anything that you couldn't pick up wrenching at a dealer or even pep boys lol. The high performance engine/ chassis fab course was very informative. Although the high school I went to had a very in depth metal shop I had already learned all the different types of welding, machining parts on both manual and cnc lathes and milling machines; I was able to hone my welding skills at Wyotech.

Anyway my experience with UTI was at completion of my program I was accepted into the VW VATRP and also the BMW STEP program. I chose the VW program as it was only 3 months and BMW was 12...
At this point I already had 4yrs of college plus the automotive tech schooling. So I didn't want to spend an additional year at another automotive school... Looking back I should've went into the BMW step program as it would've been paid for.
The VW academy was very informative and pretty fun. I went around the time the VW Phaeton came out; we had one at school, it was pretty cool.
I'll add that the Wyotech campus I went to was in blairsville, pa... That location made it kind of a shitty experience. The UTI campus I went to was in Glendale heights just outside Chicago.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Appreciate 0