View Single Post
      07-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #11
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by southfla330 View Post
....From what I have seen given nationwide searches and input from forum members in the used car thread, this particular car should have an actual selling price between $50-53,000. Anyone can walk into the dealer and pay asking or have $500 knocked off the price and leave happy.....
so, if i understand you correctly...you want to put the time and effort in to get the best deal possible and now you're asking the forum what would be a "fair" deal on both sides, right?

asking price is $56,991

you think that's too high. inquiring on the used car thread plus whatever other members have said here that what would be a good price would be between 50-53K. as of now, negotiations have not gone anywhere with this dealer.this is the jist of your situation?

ok, for now i'll assume you're going to be fine if you can get this car for 52K, given the feed back you've gotten from this forum. if i'm wrong, just say so....but for sake of discussion, i'm going to go with this number.

if the dealer won't budge at $56,991, you're going to need some leverage. to that i always say to acquire as many deals at other dealerships for similarly equipped cars. at the same time develop a relationship with the salesman.if you come off a reasonable consumer, their open to talking with you...hell, they want to sell you a car. but the longer you talk to them, not only are they more invested in selling to you ( their time is money) but you can get clues as to how much they are in to this car, meaning what their cost is here....also how long that car has been sitting on their lot. all this stuff can be important.

now, if you can say get 2 other deals at other lots for basically the same car ( they don't have to be exactly the same....just similar enough) for roughly 52K...you can then bring that up to the dealer in negotiation if you've spent enough time on this deal with them, they'll be open to hear what you have to say. ...and they can me motivated to drop the price because they know now that you can easily take your money elsewhere with out it being a baseless bluff. chances are they will drop their price. if they don't, you can easily take advantage of the other deals you've acquired.

right, now they don't have to do anything for you....so they won't. they probably know that this is the last year for the E92 and they figure they will just hold on to it until the right person comes along.

it's a waiting game and you have to give them some reason not to wait anymore.

now, you can also find out when you're out there making other deals....that you can't get 52.....or even 53K for this type of car. regardless of what other people say here on this forum....the actual market value for this car now is NOT under 54K. that's the reality, and not you have to ask yourself is that a "fair" price to you.

you are the only person who can answer that. it really depends how much you want this car to either bend on not to the new market realities of this car.

i hope that helps in any way. i may have just talked in circles here, but that's how i would handle this situation if i was in your spot.
Appreciate 0