View Single Post
      07-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
southfla330
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Any type of seller whether that be a dealer or private seller has the ability to ask what ever they would like for a particular vehicle. This car for example could have been priced at 59.9k. When negotiations begin to get the price to "fair market value" given the condition, miles, and options there comes a point where both parties stop. What I was inquiring from forum members and recent used car purchase prices, was a general idea of where this car will end up a "fair" deal for both sides. Buying new was a different story as I paid X $ over invoice and the deal was done in 5 minutes.

From what I have seen given nationwide searches and input from forum members in the used car thread, this particular car should have an actual selling price between $50-53,000. Anyone can walk into the dealer and pay asking or have $500 knocked off the price and leave happy. I along with many others will take the time to negotiate a price that is right for the car. Now I do not have access to recent Manheim data so I cannot accurately pinpoint a number. This is an off lease car of 2 years and there is no way of knowing the way the previous owner structured the deal at turn in.

Lastly, Hyperjack, I have seen that you are very active in this particular section of the forum with regards to pricing. Your contribution is great, and very much appreciated for new individuals in a position to purchase an M3.
Appreciate 0