07-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Evolve View Post
You are right in that numbers are only one part of it, although a very good part. Real world results are where it matters - and that is portrayed by customers and their experiences. If it didn't, I don't think anyone would buy it, and our companies wouldn't base their reputation on a product that doesn't do anything. It wouldn't last long.

Tuning, even on a stock car, does make difference in the real world. A few tenths of a second is important for only a small amount of people, and is relevant only depending on the type of test that you do. Customers want to 'feel' the difference - and they do.

Try it out - we offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like, or doesn't feel it makes a difference, send it back
That's an excellent offer. I do agree it makes a difference. I just can't justify a couple tenths of a second and although that is measurable, it's minor and I have no use for that little increase. These cars are so well tuned from BMW they don't leave you a lot to play with. If I needed the car to be faster I'd supercharge it. I'd only tune if it was in combination with full exhaust, on it's own it's a very very small improvement. But that's just my opinion.