View Single Post
      12-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #191
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Ruff, I apologize for the poor language. There is never much of an excuse for that, but you are really pushing my hot buttons on some things very dear to me and that I am very sensitive about. That should be obvious and I think you simply enjoy it. Not cool and also not cool that you NEVER EVER accept my word on anything about character or motivation. It is one thing to disagree and debate and to often come to different conclusions, but you are just going way too far here.
So, this how you apologize to people? Usually people who have an ounce of sincerety don't use the word "but" in there apology, nor do they try and claim they are some kind of victim as to justify having a childish tantrum. This so called apology only bolsters my original question and really demonstrates you inability to ever really admit to being wrong about anything:

Do you have the ability to simply admit you are wrong without saying another word? Your answer:

Quote:
As far as admitting I was wrong I simply won't do it.
How is one able to misinterpret this?

Quote:
Let's keep going... You did not answer the question I demanded that you answer. You answered the wrong one. Again it seems you just do not read nor understand the points of anything I write.
Ok lets do it. And so your question for me is? Looks like you ability to control your emotions gets the best of you once again and you rip on me for not answering the right question then forget to point out your "demanded" question?

Quote:
Ruff, this is so offensive and categorically false it is actually a bit humorous/entertaining. Every accusation and insinuation you make along these lines is so inaccurate and untrue it astounds me.
Quote:
your outlandish theories that constantly attack my credibility are simply without merit.
About your quotes here...Hyperbole, narcissistic, victimization?

Quote:
My previous comments about the checkered flag were only to make the point that in motor sports performance directly tied to solid numerical quantities (lap time) always rules. Similarly knowing your and your vehicles capability precisely and providing razor sharp consistency rules in more straight line type of events. No one really cares what the winning nor losing driver feels about the comfort, steering feel, brake feel, etc. Sure the driver cares a bit and teams surely do there fair share of obsessing on these things, but in the end, the numbers speak much louder. This was (obviously) not an argument of the only way one should choose a car - especially choosing a car for a daily driver that one may occsionally take to the track. Misunderstanding, misunderstanding, misunderstanding.
Flip flopping again? So are you now saying flowery things like back seat room and whether it is a better daily driver are of great importance, since you are primarily going to choose the M3 as a daily driver? So then wouldn't the E90 M3 be a better choice, almost identical performance numbers to the E92 and better back seats room and the convenience of four doors make it the better daily driver? Or are you just not a sedan guy? Anyway, I thought you said "numbers speak much louder." So if I may try this again, does the similarily priced Z06 and GT-R's numbers speak softer than the M3's and does the M3 take the checkered flag over these cars?

Quote:
Last on steering feel: You have it wrong here again, sorry.
Narcissism, sincerety, and sorry do not go together. Hard to have an honest and fair debate with someone who believes he is always right and others are always wrong, even when it comes to something as "flowery and "subjective" as steering, right?

Quote:
Can we please, please stop the incessant questioning of motivation, re-hashing the past, credibility attacks, meta-posts,
Listen to yourself Swamp. Are you not able to see any hypocracy in your statement above? So you do not demand answers to your question or question motivation or rehash the past or make "meta posts" and engage in credibility attacks? Or is it, as you suggest, you are once again right, the person who always takes the higher ground, and I am once again simply wrong...black and white, and very scientific don't you think? This may come as a surprise to you but scientists who interpret the science and statistics with all their perceptions and biases, effectively turn an objective field like science into a somewhat subjective field. For example: a court room scenerio where the scientist for the defense is arguing one way for the DNA evidence and the scientist for prosecution is arguing the opposite way for the very same DNA results. Heard of global warming?

So, do not try to kid yourself into believing I am so naive as to think that our perceptions and biases do not effect our interpretations of a cars performance numbers. Unless of course your are so naive to believe that it doesn't.

Last edited by ruff; 12-22-2007 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0