View Single Post
      01-07-2008, 07:10 AM   #33
GarryF
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SSII E90 M3

Most of the systems are country specific though, there are virtually no speed cop cars left in the UK, enforcement is carried out by static gatso cameras and mobile speed vans with a few guys that aren't even cops sitting in a van with a laser gun behind darkened glass shooting people all day long.

Where I stay there's a 10-20 mile section of main trunk road mostly bendy and hard to overtake and on the few straights where you can overtake these guys are sitting at the end, it's really really stupid tbh but as they are a sub-contracted company they no doubt have to meet quotas etc etc and sitting on really dangerous bits of road and catching one guy a day compared to sitting on the long safe straight taking 10 an hour doesn't make them money.

I got caught a year ago on a section of dual carriage way, I came off a roundabout, had an artic lorry half way in from of me to the next roundabout (which then takes me onto the above mentioned hard to overtake road) so I gunned it and at about 80mph spotted the speed van about half a mile way, slammed the brakes but was too late, got the letter stating I was doing 82mph
Appreciate 0