View Single Post
      02-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #9
.:Reflex
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
I own both a new MkV R32 that my girlfriend uses, and I ordered a 135i for myself in manual. As for the new R, absolutely great car, comfortable, usably fast, handles well with some bad terminal understeer at times. But as a car to live with every single day, can't beat it with anything. I even had an Audi RS4 for a bit that i bought used at Carmax, but it didn't measure up to how much i enjoyed the new R32 for everyday use. For an everyday car, no way the 135i will be better than it. But I enjoying driving manual, and its technically my girl's car (we both use it often though), so i'm also getting a 135i. If i didn't need to depend on both cars everyday, i'd be getting a e92 M3 (I originally had the 2nd slot at my dealership for MSRP) instead of the 135i. However, I do think a 135i will be immensely better everyday than an M3.
I love my R32 but for a daily driver it bothers me that I have to fold down the rear seats to get a golfbag to fit (yes golfing has kept me from buying the TST stress brace for it) and the 135i is supposed to fit 2 in the trunk. My only concern is that the sport seats in the 135i will not measure up to those in the MKIV R32. Is Jack Regan still on the forums? I was hoping he could answer that.
Appreciate 0