View Single Post
      12-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #32
Doc
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/Blk sunroof 19s

I guess I drive hard coz if you have not felt a 997 understeer its not being driven to its limits. Porsche set it up that way to make it safer for the average joe. The Porsche also does need extra finesse to get it to corner quickly. If you just tank it into a bend at high speed it understeers for no measure, and the moment you lift off the tail comes around rather abruptly(quick steering and feedback do make it relatively easy to correct and hold the slide though). Do the same in the M3 and it just gives a mild hint off protest and if you on the power the tail comes around and you can hold it through the corner on the throttle sideways like a drift king.. even though you barely know what a handbrake turn is It just makes driving thrilling and boosts your confidence behind the wheel like banned substances(until it wraps you around a pole and kills you )

I have not driven the new spec 997.2 and that is an interesting proposition. At double the price of an M3 its not affordable to me unfortunately

BTW there is a big difference in feeling like a cock and actually being a cock
Appreciate 0