View Single Post
      01-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I said an emphasis on protein, not 6 grams per pound of body weight per day, that's pure insanity. Even if the kid is 140 pounds, you're suggesting he ingest 840 grams of protein a day? I would love to hear a nutritionist tell you that it's healthy to ingest upwards of 6 grams of protein per pound of body weight a day. I fully realize that healthy people can ingest elevated amounts of protein per day without any side effects, but what you are suggesting is beyond ridiculous, and I would not consider it safe in any way shape or form. I should have been more clear with what I meant by an "emphasis" on protein, meaning at the maximum, 2 times your body weight, aka 180 pound person would ingest ~360 grams of protein per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2012 View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about and you contradicted yourself in the same paragraph. kidneys in normal healthy people are unaffected by the increased protein intake.

that's why i suggested for him to go see a nutritionist and not take anything posted here as a hard rule to follow. there will always be people like you that pass on erroneous information they overheard from someone else.

As regards to the peanut butter, organic only. Everything else is loaded up with so many damn oils that it's sickening. The stuff I buy has only peanuts and salt.
Appreciate 0