03-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #87
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
"You know what? This will decimate all... after we put about fifteen grand or more under the hood. If we have to, overnight some parts from Japan."

You Sir, are the epitome of a ricer
Yes, I think a couple of the 1000+ whp supras that we built when I was working at a car shop would decimate all in a straight line, and the rx7's as well... But you look at the direction the n54 is going, it is a matter of time before we start seeing supra type numbers, but in a car that can handle well, and is lighter... Imagine how that would do at a track, but with twins that would have decent spool. 600-700 hp, and a usable power band would be a z06 killer, and nobody can deny that...

I think everyone would agree that the supra is a tuners dream, and is a very respectable car and puts out extremely fast 1/4 miles, as well as top speed awards... look at Texas mile, no domestic, including the viper could touch the fastest supra, even the ones that were twin turbo'd, and made over a thousand HP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
I don't remember Employee pricing ($10k off) plus 0% APR being offered together. It was 1 or the other. You could drive a Yugo, that doesn't mean you can't afford a Z06. What's questionable is who, cross shops a Z06 with a 135i. BMW has several other models that are much closer in terms of price and performance. What most people will conclude, including myself, is that you chose the 135i because it was cheaper, no matter what you "could" afford.

Enough of the nonsense, do any of the things you said you will do. Such as:
1. Beat a Z06 around a track with a driver of similar skill in a 135i
2. Show some before and after of you shaving "a few hundered pounds" with a full interior
3. Show me a dealership willing to sell a new Z06 for $20k off
4. Stop being a fanboi when you come over here, or stay over on 1addicts where your stupidity will go unquestioned

Well you didn't actually say you would do #4, I just added that in for fun, but I hope you take it seriously.
1.) will do if I decide to go this extreme on the car...
2.) Did you not look at the post where I clearly labeled the parts that you can use to do it, and the amount of weight savings of the pieces... You can save another 5-10lbs with the BMW performance rotors, and save almost 60 lbs by going with a full riss racing exhaust.. now it's more than a couple hundred, as a couple hundred is 200 lbs or more, and the parts listed gives a weight saving of over that...Yous good at dat math thang, aint u boi
3.) What a fucking stupid question, Dealerships will not openly give the max someone can get off of a car, that is where negotiations begin... Just like no dealer will advertise giving invoice pricing on a BMW... It also helps that one of my uncles best friends owns a dealership
4.) Not a fan boy, fuck off... I'm not saying that BMW makes the best cars ever, I am saying with enough mods, it will beat a Z06.

The CURB WEIGHTS from Edmunds:

"The 2007 Chevy Corvette Z06 is nearly as impressive: 7.0-liter V8, 505 hp, 470 lb-ft of torque and 3,222 pounds. Or, to put it another way, a sports car with a power-to-weight ratio marginally better than a full-blown monster truck. A very serious machine."

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=122700

"As compact as it is, the new 135i is no lightweight. It's still a full-featured premium piece, and it shows evidence of the mass that comes from 20 years of safety advances plus the "must-have" thinking about convenience features that shapes the thinking of product planners everywhere. Our test car tips the scales to the tune of 3,399 pounds"

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125217

I think you should know what the fuck your talking about before trying to call someone out.. I'm done arguing with people who know nothing about tuning and weight savings. Besides, they seem to be ill equipped from an intellectual standpoint to understand the possibilities of tuning anyways...

Last edited by rcracer_tx; 03-02-2009 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0