View Single Post
      05-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
brucewil
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Convertible

DCT clutch slipping - HELP PLEASE

I only did a quick search, so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.

I have been having trouble since my car was inspected back in December with the DCT clutch appearing to slip. (Best way I can describe it). It is most noticeable when the car is cold (first 5-10 minutes of driving). It occurs when at a complete stop and going into first gear. I step on the gas and for 0.5 to 0.75 seconds nothing happens, then the clutch engages and the car lurches forward. It has stalled probably 5 or 6 times when trying to engage the clutch in that same scenario. It is more noticeable when I am stopped on a hill. The dealer has been no help in the three times they have had the car. They say they haven't been able to reproduce it. I find that really hard to believe because of late it happens several times everyday.

Here is my setup. ESS 575 supercharger, Dinan 3.62 diff. I tend to drive in MDM and S5.

The problem began when the dealer could not get my car to pass smog inspection. They had to contact ESS for a special programming cable. (probably to fool the computers into passing it?). The problem almost dissapeared, but then returned even worse.

Has anyone had similar issues with the DCT and shifting into 1st gear?