View Single Post
      10-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete The Greek View Post
Hey guys I needed some help here, I've been looking around on the boards for a while and have some questions of my own to ask regarding exhaust and other modifications. First off I have an e92 M3 on order which should be arriving within the next few weeks and I was looking into modifying it of course Now I've noticed how a few people are having warranty issues with their cars after modding, I understand that most if not all aftermarket parts will void the warranty of whatever part of the car theyre associated with. Now I've also heard that BMW Dealer installed Dinan parts will NOT void the warranty, I called up my local dealer and they said "it shouldnt void the warranty" but if I'm going to risk voiding the warranty on a $70k vehicle I want to be sure of it. So to me it seems that if I want to keep the warranty and add a little spice to my car, Dinan is the only way to go. Any input on this? Thanks in advance
FALSE....the only mod you should worry about voiding your warranty is an ecu tune, theres a thread on it thats very popular right now. Any exhaust mod is OK to do, which includes HFC's( high flow cats), x-pipe, and axle-back exhaust. Exhaust mods are what your going to get most of your power from and adding a drop in filter also adds a few extra horses too. Don't go with Dinian unless you really what to, they are way too over priced IMO!
Appreciate 0