04-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by meko View Post
Interestingly I just learned from BMW that they will be changing the software so that the oil sensor range will be greater. It would allow the engine to be overfilled by 2 liters and still be at max. This is due to the high number of complaints from customers. Now that bothers me, but complaints mean bad PR which does not sit well with them. More importantly, will this cause long term issues with the engines. I guess they are not concerned about any engine damage even with 2 liter overfill.
that concerns me too. if they go from saying overfill can cause engine damage to a corporate change to preserve image allowing 2 liters over not to be an issue. its like the forever diff, coolant and tranny fluid. just a marketing position for increased customer satisfaction regarless of if its good for the car. i call bullshit.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0