View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #34
NotQuiteRight
Winning
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Space grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE92M3 View Post
The rear pipes are hydroformed. I could have done mandrel bends as notquiteright mentioned, but the fabricator, who is kin to Hendrick's Motorsports, said mandrel bends are just a fancy way of making your penis look bigger. These cars don't produce that kind of power to warrant any fancy designs, especially in the rear section. The difference in power is IMMEASURABLE. I know I drive an M3. The moral of the whole thing is that it sounds fucking bad ass and will have a sound clip next week. A couple bend presses here and there is NOT going to ruin the exhaust characteristics. If the oem looks pancake city and the front left pipe looks like some kind of shriveled penis, then I have no doubt I will be just fine.
Not trying to hate... Just wondered why is all. If your happy thats all that matters period! Get that sound clip up I'm sure it sounds great. If/when you decide to SC maybe just look into some mandrel bends because they retain the same inner diameter through the entire bend unlike press that "chokes" the ID down.

2009 M3 E90 DCT All options
2002 F350 Lariat 8" lift 38's
2012 500hp LS3 RockCrawler
Appreciate 0