View Single Post
      10-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #73
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
Talked to my service manager about this. He said the dif fluid definitely has particles you don't see at any other service than the 1200 service, so obviously we're flushing stuff out early, but he also said on occasional WOT or near redline shift won't kill the car in this period. Porsche's break-in is 600 miles btw. Side note for dct owners, he said a new bulletin is out that does now NOT require clutch fluid change at 1200 miles. Found that interesting.
Its in the service manual for the 2011 M3. Don't change the transmission fluid for DCT do it for manual. Despite that I could not get the first place to change the tranny fluid and had to go to a different dealership to get it done. I am at 2500 miles, so far no problems. Used common sense during break in but did violate the speed part. Had it up to 125 on the autobahn. But tried hard to get the RPM's below 5500.
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0