View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #47
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
Another note here... As impressive as this mustang is out of the box, let's see how they hold up after 4 or 5 years of aggressive driving (if they even last that long). My guess is they will be a bucket-o-bolts after a few years. There was a short review of the 5.0 convertible in C&D (I think... maybe R&T) recently, and they said the cowl shake was horrendous. Not so in the E93. There is a HUGE gap in quality between these cars, and while I applaud Ford for building this car, it's silly to think it's a direct competitor. It's like the Vette vs. Ferrari comparison... On paper the Corvette competes, but there are infinite intangibles that makes the Ferrari far more desirable.

Or maybe it's just me being a snob again...
A C6 Z06 is basically a world beater, but would you rather have that or a F430? Exactly. My point is, I see what you're saying.

HOWEVER, the M3 is NOT a Ferrari and the Ferrari vs. Vette argument holds more water than the BMW vs Ford argument. BMW isn't near Ferrari's league, although there is some "it's still a Ford" argument to be had. Just not as much.

I keep saying BMW needs to step up its game because $60,000 for an M3 and $50,000 for a 335iS is starting to be questionable. Not only that, but BMW seems to nickel and dime a lot on options. I'm fine with that, as long as the driveability and performance back up the premium.

I'd still rather have the M3 over the Ford, but $30k makes you think.
Appreciate 0