Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Let me get this straight. You drive a 997Turbo,you own a C55, and you were thinking about an M3 yet one test drive in an english barge swayed you so much you think english car engineering is superior to german?
Something isn't right here.

Check out this comparison review:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=8146
I think he's a bit on the extreme and the XF was never meant to compete with the 3 series. It's a 5 series car but no one can knock the quality that Jaguar cars have now achieved. That's a fact. They used to use customers to do their quality control. Build it. Sell it. When it comes back broken figure out the problems and fix them in the next batch. But that ended many many years ago. They now feature at the top or close to the top of JD Power power surveys regularly and that can't be knocked.

External and internal looks are purely taste and everyone has their own preference but it's makes no sense to say they are bad quality products.

In fact 2 or 3 years ago when the first Jag came number 1 in the JD Power the M-Class Merc came last. The closest BMW was 9th. That says it all as far as I'm concerned on quality. These surveys are owner lead and as unbiased as a survey can be (IMHO). They are definitely on a par with the best Germany is producing for quality. Driving dynamics etc are a different kettle of fish and looks are pure taste.

It's all good although I can't understand posting it here as it has no relevance to any 3 series never mind the M3????
Appreciate 0