View Single Post
      01-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #27
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
Or... is the square setup used to avoid understeer thats a result of not having enough grip up front? I dealt with a fair amount of understeer on certain corners (those switchback/180-degrees types) and is why I'm leaning towards a square setup for this next year. I wonder if it's because I had a 255F and 285R setup and if decreasing the F-to-R differential to something like 275F/285R would do the trick. (I know this is pretty OT to the initial intent of the thread here - but I appreciate your responses.) So, here's a on-topic question: If I did the 10F/10.5R setup, would any spacers be required? I know the Group Buy thread states No, but it seems odd that the 10" square setup has the same offsets F & R, would think a 10" front wheel would need something.
This is on topic as everyone has to go through the same decision making process. Once people get more of these setups mounted and pictures posted we can start including more specific fitment data/reviews. And I'll include that data in the first post.

No spacers are needed at all. Those offsets are perfect both front and rear for those width wheels. Members are already running 18x10" square setups with 275 r-compounds front and rear. It even bolts on to a 100% stock car with no camber plates, suspension mods or anything.

For you specifically a 275/285 or 275/295 combo would work well.