View Single Post
      09-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocoins View Post
I have had the opportunity in the past 3 days to go up against 2 SRT-8s. Both were at interstate speeds. First was a Jeep SRT-8, then a Charger SRT-8. Approx sea level.

Clearly, the Charger was faster than the Jeep. 4 runs with the Jeep. I pulled constantly each time, same result. It wasn't even close. With the Charger, I got a bit of a jump, and pulled maybe 2-3 CLs from 60-110.

Any other experience? I remember the long Jeep SRT-8 post from a few months ago. Thought I would bring it up again since I had the 2 opportunities this week.
Nice....same results as my experiences with 3 SRT-8s in the past (300C SRT-8, Charger SRT-8, and a Jeep GC SRT-8). The most challenging run I had out of the three was with the Charger SRT-8 from a launch at a light...he got a jump, but were were dead even until I hit 3rd gear, when I began to pull on him by 1.5-2 CLs until we shut it down @ ~ 110mph. The other 2 runs I had with the other SRT-8s were also at hwy. speeds, and they were both walked by me. :rocks:

Good job, Turbocoins!!!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0