07-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
No $800 for piece of mind and also a warranty that goes far past what other tuners are offering. Also added to the fact that I've been at my dealer for over 10 yrs which means they know me and my cars therefore IF I did have a problem with one of their Dinan installs they would stand behind the work and take care of it.

Just went to Active Autowerks site and their reflash is just as much so what are you talking about?

E90/E92 2008+ 2008+ M3 Stock and/or Exhaust More information $ 995

Some of you guys on the forum don't like Dinan and think they are waay overpriced...fine. Yet the same guys go ahead and spend countless $$$ on overpriced cosmetic junk and w$7000 on HRE and lightweight wheels which you don't race and bold on superchargers from countless small tuner shops with no warranty to speak of which amuses me. IMHO it's to each his own...so if you don't buy from Dinan them fine but if you can't defend your opinions with concrete engineering data on why not and R&D then maybe you should just keep silent!
Whatever you say. But at the end of the day it is 800.00 for 9 horsepower. Please don't take this the wrong way. Its your money and you spend it however you want. I was just saying I won't spend that much money for the barely noticeable power gain.

BTW I have no issues with Dinan. Hell, my car is 99 percent stock with the exception of tinted windows.