07-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #33
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Let's put an end to this once and for all. PG's motor did not blow. That story was started by TazaM3 with an axe to grind against PG and then carried to that certain gossip web site because the owner there also has an axe to grind against PG. The video posted above was taken AFTER they said his motor blew and it shows the motor running very healthy. That's why PG is making fun of them in the video for saying he blew his motor.

Anybody who thinks there was a broken ring land should do a google search and discover what a broken ring land is. Here's two resources.
http://www.jcmmachine.com/detonation_preignition.htm
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-lite...-ohh-noes.html

You will notice from the pictures posted that there are no signs of detonation or anything resembling a broken ring land. That guy's story is that PG hid the pictures and he found them. But that's not true either. PG posted those pictures himself, along with 90+ others nearly 10 months before those un-watermarked copies were stolen from his server. This was all discussed on e46fanatics and independent motor experts went on record with PG's pictures and said they showed no signs of damage, and actually showed that the car was running very healthy and tuned very well until the day it was disassembled.

That video was taken on June-28-2010 and shows a perfectly running motor. When he left Auto Talent after shooting the video, he took the ECU with him so nobody could drive his car. The motor was disassembled on July-15-2010 -- only two weeks later. When exactly did the motor supposedly blow between June-28 and July-15 when no ECU was in the car? After the gossip site owner started altering PG's posts and changing what he said to make it look like PG admitting he blew his motor, PG quite posting over there because anybody willing to go that far obviously can't be trusted. Did you ever ask PG himself about his motor? He's been totally open about his project on multiple forums and willing to answer anybody's questions. So did you ever ask him personally yourself? He's not exactly hard to find and if you want his email address I can give it to you.

Those are the Cliff's notes version of events. I'm sure if you asked PG what happened, he'll give you a MUCH longer version of the events along with a ton of evidence that you know he has.
Thanks for the information. Sounds like some pretty sick individuals are involved in all this gossip. I know what broken ring-lands look like - saw plenty when I had my 04 STi (not personally on my car, but yes). Honestly, I can't find the pictures now, but if PG's posts were edited, then obviously nothing can be taken seriously on said site. I know PG had a ton of problems getting his car properly tuned *before* ESS got involved, so it seemed reasonable to me that the motor might have gone south.

I don't know who Taza is and I don't know any of these people personally. I'm glad you posted the facts as you understand them, so the issue can be understood here. I don't post on e46fanatics, but I understand there is more detail there.

This is clearly something I want no part of - I post here, and modify my car, for fun. I don't even understand how people get into such conflict on the internet to be totally honest.

Anyway, I don't have anything against any of the parties involved, was honestly asking because I don't know all the facts. If I were confident of exactly what had happened, then I would have stated that. Anyone who follows my posts here knows when I'm sure of my opinion ; )
Appreciate 0