View Single Post
      02-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
Never noticed a need for it and I drive it in cold weather, this wheel doesn't seem to absorb heat from my hands very quickly compared to other cars I've had, thick padding and nice soft leather I suspect. My E46's wheel was always ice cold for the whole trip home, this one I can take my gloves off minutes after getting in the car.
It goes beyond the heated steering wheel issue. It's about those insulting buyers that want an option they don't -- like a sunroof over the fugly CF roof. It's asserting they know what's best and everyone else is a PROBLEM that is influencing BMW in an evil, non-purist way.
Heaven forgive those lost souls that sadly think a retractable top might be enjoyable. God, it weighs so much!!!

EVEN if one bought an M3 and drove it on the track 2 days a month, that's 28 days of road driving of rest of the time. Forget that 95% of the owners of these cars will NEVER see a track in their personal car. So why the craziness on weight vs. features?

Yea, I knew my M3 didn't have a heated steering wheel. It didn't stop me from buying it. Have to say that I miss it though. My last two 650s had it and its been cold this winter.

Make these things options and let owners decide what they want. Screw comments from the boys racers so quick to judge the decisions of everyone else.
Appreciate 0