View Single Post
      07-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

A Very Special day at Mosport yesterday

I had a real special day at the racetrack yesterday taking a couple of wheelchair bound peeople for rides in my M3 at Mosport.Robert broke his back 4 years ago on a mountian bike and is a para and he has adapted to this phase of his life very well everything considered.He has his track bike converted for his use and has done trackdays on it at Shannonville & Calabogie.

He also competes in hand cycle races and leads a full family life with his wife and 2 yound daughters.Very inspirational for myself to say the least.
He asked me to arrange the day for his friend Justin whom is a quad from a swimming pool acident whom Robert met at reabilitation home and became very good friends with as Justin was also a guy who rode a sport bike.
Anyways getting on to yesterday at Mosport where I arranged for some tracktime at the lunch hour when the Trans Am cars where out testing.We put Justin into the car and strapped him in with extra straps to try to keep him in place.I did about 10 laps at speed with him flailing around but just loving it and urging me to go quicker.When we got in you could not wipe the smile off his face which of course made my day!
I also took Robert out but as he has great upper body strength he had no issues with staying upright I was able to push quite hard which made him quite happy!This day and the reaction of these 2 passengers really made my day!A big thanks to the gang at Engineered Automotive for helping out and allowing the day to happen.

Many More Pictures here and is an open access thread

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=75e9765e7b
Appreciate 0