Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
from china = bad news. i got an ACS CF roof spoiler replica off ebay from china and it wasn't even close to proper fitment. complete waste of money. buyer beware when buying things from china, taiwan, hong kong, etc. the quality is total crap. i think most people know this already but i decided to roll the dice and ended up losing. there a reason why ACS, hamann, vorsteiner, etc. parts are so expensive...because they fit right the first time and the quality is top notch. save your money and buy the good stuff!
IMHO, it's a hit or miss. In the future, just make sure others have purchased it so you can hear their feedback regarding quality control & fitment (read: Don't be a lab rat).

I had a cf ACS front lip replica on my old e46 M3 & the quality (as well as fitment) was great. Back then, at one of the local meets another M3 owner had the real deal & we both couldn't tell a difference besides my fake ACS sticker.

GruppeM has great quality products. With that in mind...not sure about nowadays but did you know the e46 M3 GruppeM titanium exhaust was made in Taiwan?

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0