07-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #12
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
Not a big fan of plasma but take a look at the LCD by Sony. Plasma burn in may occur which is not good if you want to play games. More expensive than LCD. I have the 50 inch and the picture/quality is awesome! I believe Bestbuy has more info on Plasma vs LCD/projection. Hope this helps some.
burn-in and half-life on modern plasma panels are moot points. The newest generations of panasonic panels are rated at 60000 hours "mean time to half luminance" (that's like watching TV for 8 hours a day, every day, for 15 years) and have similar burn-in characteristics to CRT TV's.

I am yet to see a DLP or LCD rear-projection or LCD flat panel that has am image that looks nearly as good as my panasonic plasma. LCD's that I've seen still have issues with the images "streaking" during periods of intense on-screen motion, and the rear-projection sets I've seen still have issues with color saturation and off-axis viewing that are much worse than the mfg's would have you believe. I watched the women's US Open in HD on a good Sony DLP set this past weekend and it couldn't hold a candle to my plasma.

-MrB
Appreciate 0