05-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
El Bimmer replied, but I'll add-on.

1. You won't wear out that stuff in a day. As an example, I made four track days, plus 16,000 of other miles before it was time to replace the tires. This will just give you a good excuse to get a second set of 18" or 19" (whatever you don't have now) wheels and then run cheaper 18" tires for track days.

2. This is the place to learn! Nobody, and I mean nobody, will "push" you to do anything more than you want to do. The "novice" group is about learning...learning your car, and learning driving skills.

Often in new situations, I suggest that people go "look" to see if they want to try a new sport/adventure/etc. But in this case, if you came to TWS to watch, after about ten minutes' time you would say, "Damn, wish I had signed up for this!"

- V

good post

driving on the track is easy......driving well on the track......well that's another story!

m club is good for novices because they limit the number of cars on track, which makes things a lot less nervous out there.

typically they run with 10-15 or so cars per run group.......for comparison, my last Drivers edge event had 29 cars in the same run group. a lot more dicey in that situation. I have more experience now so it was manageable, but m3club events are a good place to test the waters.

plus, the m3 is a whole lot more fun and better on the track than the street.
Appreciate 0