View Single Post
      05-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Good advice...I'm staying out of it. I told them to order whatever parts they need and put my car back together so I can pick it up on Monday. And then I'll just make another appointment once they figure out exactly what needs to be done...

Why are these things so difficult for BMW? Shouldn't there be a Bible-like reference material for SAs?
I've been harshly told by a SA that I'm not supposed to tell them or to the tech what I think is wrong in my car when I request warranty service.

That's their job and not mine, he said.

I just stood up and left that dealership right there.

Techs or SA don't want to be called monkeys, but then they behave and act like monkeys. They do have all the access that they need and want to OEM technical bulletins, service documents, installation procedures -with pictures like coloring books!!- and still they don't want to use them.

It is kind of late for a tech to waste virtually a whole day of troubleshooting looking for a part and its location that he doesn't even know what the correct nomenclature is. MY2009 cars has been out since Oct/Nov with the new iDrive/CIC, plenty of documentation was already available from BMW about the technical aspects of this CIC/iDrive in their system for months... even in the Internet for everybody to see.

Two days to find out that what he's looking for is not an USB hub, still insist that there is no USB hub with the 6FL, and still don't know that there are 2 distinct USB connections in the car is too much ignorance to handle by a customer...
Appreciate 0