06-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #24
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
God I hate the "that's normal" remark because it's sort of like they don't give a shit and just want you out of their hair. I would take it to another dealer for a second opinion ... it won't hurt. If that doesn't help then ride it out and make sure you just keep an eye out on it. Our cars are so new that nobody has any experience with them. I have a similar situation with a noise from my engine bay, but I have no idea what to do or who to ask. The only difference is that I can also hear my noise on a stock M but it's not nearly as loud so I'm ok with it for the time being. I do want to know what part of the engine is making that noise.

Did you try using a gift wrap tube to poke and listen to various parts of the engine and under carriage? Might help pinpoint the exact location/part it's coming from. Hopefully Snow gets back to you to help you out.
it'd be nice if he can explain what is causing the noise, not just whether it is normal or not. but he probably has no clue either.

bmw needs to publish an M guide that explains all the random quirks with the car to give some ease to the owners.
Appreciate 0